If you are unfamiliar with composite dental fillings, they are tooth-colored fillings that are matched to the color of your teeth. By custom crafting the color, composites can be blended seamlessly to virtually any degree of tooth color. Composites are a popular cosmetic choice for treating cavities in your smile. We invite you to consider the following benefits of tooth-colored dental fillings:
– If a dental cavity is too small to be sufficient for dental amalgams, as is often the case, composites can be an effective and safe alternative.
– In the event of a composite filling failing, instead of needing to be removed, it can undergo several repairs before the original filling needs to be extracted.
– While dental amalgams rely on mercury to bind metals, composites have no need for mercury, to the relief of many individuals who fear mercury.
– Dental composites are known to be more resilient than dental amalgams to fracturing.
– Tooth decay that occurs around the margins of teeth often results in leaks in the case of dental amalgams; however, composites seal closely to the margins to become more resistant to leaking.
If you are concerned about the possibility of having a cavity or would like to learn about how to prevent cavities, please contact Drs. Scrimalli, Ratchford, & Ahmadzadeh at 570-689-2449 today. Our dentist, Dr. Bijan Ahmadzadeh, and our team will gladly help you determine if you need a composite dental filling in Hamlin, Pennsylvania.