Of course you are eager to visit a dentist when you have a bad toothache or broke a tooth as a result of a fall or a dental accident. However, instead of only seeking dental care to repair your smile, it’s much more beneficial to receive preventive dental care, even if you don’t think you have an oral issue. We encourage routine dental appointments to protect your oral health from suffering harmful dental conditions.
Ideally, visits to the dentist should occur twice a year, or every six months, for professional dental exams and cleanings. Our experienced dental team cleans the teeth and gums to remove harmful substances such as plaque, and our dentist will examine your smile to detect any signs of enamel erosion, cavities, gum disease or oral cancer. If you have weakened oral health that is highly susceptible to issues, you may need to visit more often depending on the recommendations of the dentist.
Please contact our office today for an oral exam if you are experiencing any of the following situations:
– Texture or color alterations in your teeth, gums or other areas of the mouth
– Brushing or flossing that results in periodontal bleeding
– Ongoing bad odor or a sour taste lingers in your mouth
– Shifting teeth or a bite that has begun to feel different
– Diagnosis of an illness or medical condition or receiving a new prescription from your primary care provider
Taking steps now to care for your oral health can help you preserve your smile for a lifetime. Instead of waiting for a dental problem or emergency situation to determine when your next dental visit will be, we invite you to give Ariel Dental a call at 570-689-2449 today to schedule your dental checkup in Hamlin, Pennsylvania, and meet with Dr. Charles Scrimalli, Dr. Michael Ratchford, or Dr. Bijan Ahmadzadeh!